Action Protocol Covid-19
ACTION PROTOCOL IN CASE THAT SOMEONE PRESENTS SYMPTOMATOLOGY OF COVID-19 INSIDE THE
INSTITUTO DE FUSION GUILLERMO VELARDE
ETSII ‐ UPM
According to the guidelines of the Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid, to coordinate all necessary action if someone has symptoms of COVID-19 at the premises of the Instituto de Fusión Nuclear Guillermo Velarde annex to the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Industriales has created the figure of the COVID coordinator / delegate and an isolation room has been set up in the main building of the School.
The role of COVID delegate of the Institute will be performed by Ms. Nuria Martínez Carpintero (Tel: 910677155), in coordination with the COVID coordinator of the ETSII Ms. Raquel Martínez Fernández (Tel: 646483475).
ETSII ISOLATION ROOM:
The isolation room will be located on the second floor of the South Classroom of the School, just above the Nursing Room of the School, which was previously the teachers’ room.
In the event of any symptoms of COVID-19 (dry cough, body temperature above 37.5ºC, respiratory distress, chest tightness, gastrointestinal symptoms, skin lesions or loss of smell and / or taste, sore throat, O2 saturation level due to below 95%) the affected person or person who assists them should immediately contact the COVID delegate of the Institute Dª Nuria Martínez Carpintero – Tel: 650787011 or with the COVID coordinator of the ETSII Ms. Raquel Martínez Fernández (Tel: 646 483 475) and will go to the isolation room of the School.
[If it is not possible to contact any of the 2 people mentioned, and given the urgency of the situation generated, you will contact Mr. Sergio Domínguez Cabrerizo (Tel: 607167892) or with Gregorio Romero Rey (Tel: 606790678)].
The COVID delegate of the Institute will be in charge of notifying the concierge for a concierge to open the isolation room and place a sign outside the door of said room with the message: Room occupied. No Trespassing. The COVID delegate of the Institute and the COVID coordinator of the School will communicate the situation to the Community of Madrid so that the procedures that the health services deem appropriate can be put in place. and report the existence of a person with symptoms compatible with COVID-19.
The main objective of the isolation room is to reduce the possible transmission of the disease in the School environment. The configuration of the room will be as follows:
- The door must always remain closed and the door will be properly signaled when the room is in use, in order to maintain a strict limitation of entry and exit at all times. Only authorized persons will be able to access it.
- The bathroom in the room may only be used exclusively by the person who shows symptoms during their stay at the School.
- The room must be equipped with gloves, FFP2 masks, gowns, hydroalcoholic gel, face protection screens and pedal bin.
- The size of the room is sufficient to accommodate more than one person with symptoms if necessary.
Once the affected person is in the isolation room, the following procedure will be followed:
- The affected person will disinfect / wash their hands upon arrival in the room.
- You will be given a new mask upon arrival, discarding the old mask.
- If it is necessary for a person to enter the room, it will be necessary to do so provided with PPE: gown, gloves, FFP2 mask and face shield.
- You will be advised of the possibility of contacting a family member or staying in the room until a health worker sent by the Community of Madrid arrives.
- If the affected person decides not to remain in the isolation room then the School will be considered exempt from any responsibility that this act entails.
- When the affected person has contacted a relative to pick them up, and that person has arrived at the School, they will leave the room and go to the main door of the School, preventing them from returning to their classroom or workplace.
- The affected person must go to the main door of the School equipped with a FFP2 mask, gown, gloves and face shield.
- The family member who is going to accompany them will be told not to enter the School building, notifying the Concierge of their arrival so that they can notify the affected person. You must park the car at the main entrance of the School, remaining with a mask inside until the arrival of the patient.
The person who presented symptoms may only return to the Institute / School when he can justify his return after a quarantine of 10 days or through a doctor’s certificate or a negative test COVID-19.
ACTION PROTOCOL IN CASE THAT SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN AT THE INSTITUTE / ETSII-UPM PRESENTS COVID-19 SYMPTOMATOLOGY
OUTSIDE THE FACILITIES
The affected person, once their contagion has been confirmed by a COVID-19 test, must remain at home and contact the COVID delegate of the Institute Dª Nuria Martínez Carpintero (Tel: 650787011) or alternatively with the COVID coordinator of the School Ms. Raquel Martínez Fernández (Tel: 646483475) to report the situation.
The COVID coordinator will communicate the situation to the Community of Madrid so that the procedures that the health services deem appropriate can be put in place.
The person who has presented symptoms may only return to the Institute / School when they can justify their return after a 10-day quarantine or through a medical receipt or with a negative COVID-19 test.